At JB+A, we encourage nonprofits to utilize Giving USA to improve their fundraising efforts. Discover the ways nonprofits can use Giving USA every year and cumulatively to improve their development efforts
- Understand the factors impacting philanthropy in general and by subsector
- Benchmark their own fundraising performance against national averages, helping them plan future fundraising strategies
- Educate Board members, volunteers, donors and staff about the broad context of philanthropic giving and help them better understand the organization’s funding patterns and potential
- Become familiar with the reported motivations behind household charitable giving to then tailor appeals and conversations to match the interest of donors
- Understand and help explain the correlations between giving and other economic factors, such as the stock market, personal disposable income and GDP; these are trends closely monitored by even those “outside” the philanthropy sector, and can be used to help educate Board members, constituencies and prospective donors
- Strengthen their Case for Support
- Incorporate the data and takeaways into proposals and communications materials
- Confirm or dispel myths about giving
- Recognize the impact of individual giving – and this type of giving can include bequests and family foundations as well: individual giving has been approximately three-quarters of total giving since 1956; this illustrates the importance of developing and maintaining meaningful relationships
- Remain motivated: giving is growing – during recessions, giving is flat or goes down, but over time, recovers to return or exceed pre-recession levels
We are happy to share the two traditional pie charts illustrating 2014 contributions and recipients. Click here to download your copy.
You can also enjoy a savings of 30% on all Giving USA 2015 products. Visit the Giving USA store at http://givingusa.org/product-category/2015-products/ and enter code 3015GI.